I turned 18 yesterday. I’ve seen this type of post/video done a lot and have loved the idea of it, so heres 18 things I’ve learnt over 18 years…
001. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not
Theres no point pretending to be someone you’re not, you feel so much better being your true self.
002. Family is everything
Your family are always going to be there for you to help and support you.
003. Your makeup collection is just as valid as someones stamp collection
Pretty self explanatory really. Collecting makeup isn’t something to be ashamed of.
004. Its okay to be anxious, its part of who you are
Anxiety doesn’t just disappear overnight. Its going to be with you for the rest of your life, but thats okay you can manage it.
005. Summer is probably always going to be your favourite season
Its amazing what a little bit of sunshine can do to your mood.
006. Spending time with people you love is good for your soul
Nothing will feel as good as spending time with people closest to you, you will cherish it for a long time.
007. You will experience things at your own pace
Don’t worry about being ‘left behind’. You will experience everything at your own pace and thats perfectly fine, and will probably be better in the long run.
008. Remember to read a little more
Reading is so important. Its great to escape in a book every once in a while.
009. Its okay to be nostalgic, but don’t dwell
Remembering the good times is always fun, but don’t dwell on the fact they’re over. They were good, but they’re gone. You will make new memories just as good or better.
010. Photography has always been a love of yours
You’ve always loved photography ever since you were little and it doesn’t look like the passion is going anywhere anytime soon.
011. Appreciate the outdoors more, its beautiful
Remember to go outside and explore a bit more. Its good for your mind and you always enjoy it once you’re out there.
012. Living in your own little world isn’t always a bad thing
Self explanatory again, but living in your own world doesn’t make you weird haha.
013. Music will always improve your mood
Music will always be there to comfort you no matter what.
014. You have a shopping addiction
You will always just want stuff. Doesn’t matter what it is, you have to have it.
015. Put your happiness first
Your happiness takes priority over everything, at the end of the day you are stuck with you for the rest of your life so you have to make sure you’re feeling as good as possible.
016. Give yourself more credit
You have done some really great things and you still put yourself down. Give yourself more credit, because you’ve got this and you can do these things.
017. You don’t really like cake but cookies and brownies are your thang
You’ve realised after 17 years you don’t really like cake all that much. However you’d do anything for a cookie or a brownie.
018. Time heals so much
My most important point. After struggling a lot last year, you have now realised what time can do. When you feel like something will never end, trust me it will. Everything is temporary and the pain will fade and you will feel better even if it isn’t 100%. Always remember that.
What things have you learnt over the years?